Ways to pay your taxes

How to pay using CRA’s My Payment:

My Payment is an electronic payment service that lets businesses make payments directly to the CRA using their bank access cards. You don’t need to register to use My Payment, and you can make payments to more than one CRA account in a single transaction.

  1. Go to My Payment.
  2. Make sure you have your 15-digit CRA program account number handy.
  3. Follow the instructions on your screen.

How to pay using CRA’s pre-authorized debit:

When you use My Business Account to set up a pre-authorized debit (PAD), you agree to authorize the CRA to withdraw a pre-determined amount from your bank account to pay tax on a specific date or dates. To set up a PAD agreement:

  1. Login to My Business Account.
  2. On the Welcome page, select “Pre-authorized debit” under Make payments.
  3. Select “Create new agreement” and follow the instructions on your screen.

How to pay using online banking:

If you have a business bank account, you can pay your business taxes the same way you pay your phone or hydro bill.

  1. Sign in to your financial institution’s online banking service.
  2. Under “Add a payee,” look for an option such as:
    Federal – Corporation Tax Payments – TXINS
    Federal – GST/HST Return – GST 34 – (GST34)
    Federal Payroll Deductions – Regular/Quarterly – EMPTX – (PD7A)
    Federal Payroll Deductions – Threshold 1 – EMPTX – (PD7A)
    Federal Payroll Deductions – Threshold 2 – EMPTX – (PD7A)
  3. Carefully enter your account number to avoid a misapplied payment.

How to pay in person at a financial institution:

To make a payment at your Canadian financial institution, you need a personalized remittance voucher. Financial institutions will not accept photocopies of remittance vouchers or payment forms. A personalized remittance voucher will be mailed to you after your tax return has been filed. Note: the remittance voucher could take up to a few weeks to come in the mail.

How to pay through mail delivery:

To make a payment through mail delivery, mail your cheque along with the remittance form CRA sent to you to Canada Revenue Agency, Tax Centre, 66 Stapon Road, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3M2. The front of the cheque should include your business number and a description of the payment i.e. “2015 Corporate income taxes”.